Monday 11 October 2010

To sing or to style...




So my Saturday night social life is now ruined from now untill Christmas, and I'm guaranteed to put on half a stone with my now weekly Chinese take a way. It can only mean one thing, and yes it is the return of the X Factor live shows. To be brutally honest, I'm not watching it for the so called talent. Well, hold that thought, as I am now Team Aiden. I'm sitting in to see the X Factor style wars, (and yes, I am that sad). Cheryl or Dannii? This will be a weekly Monday night post and no doubt by December you'll be sick of it, but none the less I love it. So kicking off the first set of lives Saturday night see Dannii pull a special J'Aton Couture dress out of the bag. The white lacy number had the quirky touch of directional shoulders, and was complimented by her minimal make-up with statement lips. A good effort on her part. Cheryl Cole went classic in an understated but chic one shouldered LBD by Daniel Vosovic. Smoky eyes and an orange tan for her make-up, well she's bound to score points with me here, I am an Essex girl.




To round up the weekend, Cheryl did well to find this green/grey Zuhair Murad dress with the detailed lace overlay. What an absolute beaut. Teamed with purple velvet Louboutin's it made me wonder why Cheryl didn't have this outfit for the opening night. Across the stage, Dannii re-worked the LBD in a prom dress style, straight from Project D's S/S 2011 collection. I'm not particularly a fan of ruffles and I DETEST hair pieces so I can't say I was impressed by Ms. Minogue's efforts Sunday night.

To be fair Dannii has no doubt won the opening night by a mile, but judging on the weekend as a whole, I have to give the point to Coley. And it's not only because she was orange.


THE SCORE

 Dannii - 0, Cheryl - 1




No comments:

Post a Comment