Saturday 16 October 2010

Street Style - Ted Polhemus


Friday just gone I took myself down to the Shoreditch ways to view the Street Style Exhibition taking place in "The Book Club" on Leonard Street. Never being a visitor of "The Book Club" before I was curious to know what the exhibition was to consist of anyway. I hate to admit I was disappointed. The revamp of Polhemus's style bible I expected the exhibition to have a bit more atmosphere. The harsh reality was it was just a few pictures scattered around a busy cafe, which therefore resulted in me awkwardly appearing to stare at a handsome man's delicious looking Ceaser salad, rather than the photo behind it. It couldn't be doubted that the photography taken of such a variety of fashion innovators wasn't fantastic because I'd be lying. Perhaps it was just I had visited the exhibition at the wrong time. The night of his actual book signing would of been a better time to go.


One of the images that really caught by eye was this. A bunch of psychedelics outside Regal clothing shop, hanging out on Newburgh Street. The idea of the original innovators.

No comments:

Post a Comment