Thursday 7 October 2010

Can I See A Red Dress?

Nikki Beach Red Party







Pillar box red, cherry, scarlett, maroon, crimson, ruby, you name it and no doubt some one was wearing it. Considering Nikki Beach holds a capacity of 3000 people, take into account how thrilled I was to find no one wearing the same dress as me. "The Red Party", and in other words the closing party of Nikki Beach until May, marked the end of yet another fabulous Marbella summer. This Sunday afternoon was an amazing party, and not just because of the music and the mojitos. The people of Nikki Beach showed style, class and swagger.  With one colour, and one outfit to make you stand out from the crowd, I initially thought outfit planning was going to be horrific. I was wrong. On arrival, I was pleasantly surprised at how different every one actually looked. I opted for a rose headband and my beloved nude Miu Miu platforms (spring/summer collection) to accessorize my Spitalfields dress. The headband was a wise shout as a few fellow party-goers asked where it was from. I didn't want to say V Festival. I wanted to lie!




After the fashion parade started to die down, and yes I mean the quick glimpse over the shoulder to see if the girl behind was still posing in her Versace, and the champagne got flowing (pink of course), it seemed a wise idea for me to lighten up and wear the leader of the stag do's gimp suit. To be fair I look like I should be in Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" video, but hey at least it's red!

No comments:

Post a Comment